July 21, 2015
For our 50th episode – we invited back our first repeat guest on The Winning Youth Coaching Podcast, James Leath. James’ first interview on the show, WYC Episode 31, was a huge hit and is the #1 downloaded episode all-time on the show.
We switched up the format for this episode and had listeners submit questions on mental toughness – listen in as James provides great new insights on mental toughness.
Website/Coaches’ Notes: jamesleath.com
Listen in ITunes: Itunes link
Listen in Stitcher: Stitcher link
Questions submitted that James answers:
- People talk about being mentally tough, but what does it mean?
- Who are some current athletes who display mental toughness?
- What compelled you to go into youth sports psychology, and how is it different from adult sport psychology?
- How come some kids seem to be more tough than others? Are you born with mental toughness?
- What is a mistake recovery routine?
Questions James asks Craig:
- In your show notes you highlight 1 or 2 Huge Ideas you take from each guest- tell me about a few of the hugest ideas that stick out to you
- What’s a book you have read about sports that you would recommend?
- You talk about alternatives to travel sports a lot – why is that so important to you and why are you so passionate about it?