3 Big Lies & 2 Truths
Joe Ehrmann, who has been called ‘The most important youth coach in America,’ describes the dangers of 3 big lies being told to our kids about what it means to be a man and what it means to be a woman.
3 Big Lies about Masculinity:
- Being a man has to do with how good of an athlete I am
- Being a man has to do with my sexual conquests
- Being a man has to do with my socio-economic success
3 Big Lies about Femininity:
- That a “prince charming” will rescue a “worthy” woman and make her life complete
- That what it means to be a woman is dependent on beauty and body type
- We teach young girls that if they’re going to have their needs met, they somehow have to defer their true selves.
2 Truths – If not these lies, what then should we be pursuing?
Life is all about:
- Being part of a cause bigger than ourselves
As a coach, what message are you teaching the kids you coach about what it means to be a man and what it means to be a woman?
InsideOut Coaching by Joe Ehrmann and Season of Life by Jeffrey Marx and Joe Ehrmann